How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Gwinnett County, Atlanta, Georgia - regarding a child support

This answer was rated:

Gwinnett County, Atlanta, Georgia - regarding a child support and alimony modification pending in Gwinnett courts, I have no attorney presently. I asked on justanswer how to get a court date set for this to come before the judge. I was told I need to file a Notice of Hearing in order to obtain a court date. I've searched the gwinnett county court site but I cannot find this form anywhere. Can you send me a sample one to look at as an example or can you quickly write a generic one that I can customize with my details?

I assume that you filed the case information form. If not here it is


Here is the general information on court procedures


Here is a sample form. Call the clerk of court in Gwinnett, if they will answer the phone, and see if they have a similar form and will fax it to you.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The case information form?....... Before our attorney withdrew from lack of funds, he had filed the child support and alimony modification form which he amended 3 months later to include a contempt charge. The contempt charge has been settled and the CS mod is still pending. Wouldn't he had to have filed the case information form at the time he filed the CS mod form? We have a case number XXXXX so would you guess that it has been filed?

Also, I really appreciate the links you sent. They are an excellent resource. If you could just respond to this remaining piece before I 'accept' I would appreciate it.

thank you

The case information form would have been filed by your attorney. You need to get a complete copy of the file from the court to be sure you have everything and also get a copy fo your former attorney's file.



lwpat and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you