How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41038
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband forged my signature on a check made out to the

Resolved Question:

My ex husband forged my signature on a check made out to the both of us. We still own a house together and he made a claim on our homeowners insurance. I live in the home he has not for over 3 years. He is refusing to pay his half of the mortgage as well. The home claim I believe was fraud so that is why I did not sign the check. He signed my name as well as his and cashed the check. What do I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Report him here for insurance fraud and also to the police. He has forged your name as well. He is looking at criminal charges here no doubt. Your other option here is probably contempt or relief through the courts here that granted the divorce.

You have good facts here and to me pressing charges would help that as well. He has broken your trust and the law here. to me you turn him over to the law and let them resolve that side of it. Then you file civilly here to resolve the other issues. the court will assit you and sanction him as well. I wish you good luck here..

Here is lawyer referral. You get 1/2 hour for $35 with a local lawyer. A great place to start..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you