How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a father be forced to see his child after divorce if he doesn'

Customer Question

I am a father and my ex is making it hard for me to see my daughter saying that I can only see my daughter alone and without my current wife. Can she do that? I do not wish to see my daughter without my wife present. Can she take me to court as she says she wants to do
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.

She cannot do that if that is not stipulated in the court order.

However, you cannot stop her contempt of court of the court order unless you take her to court for contempt of court. If she takes you to court with this allegation that it is not in the best interest for the child to be visited with your wife present, she will have to show evidence of why this allegation is so. (your wife will have to have been not fit to be around your daughter).

Related Family Law Questions