Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

If my husband owned his land and house before we were married

I live in Texas -

If my husband owned (inherited the land) his land and house before we were married and now after 19 years of marriage and 12 year old triplets am I entitled to half of it?

His aunt gave him an additional 4 acres that is adjoined to his land after we were married is that considered community property since he received it after we were married?

Can he make us move out of the house if we don't want to or can he make me move without my kids?

Is there anywhere to get free help with a divorce or for a woman with kids to get help getting back on her feet?

Unfortunately no. Unless he added you to the deed, this is considered his separate property regardless of the number of years you have been married. Separate property is any property acquired before the marriage or acquired as a gift or inheritance during the marriage.

http://www.familylawtex.com/Propertydefinitions.htm

Now if any marital funds have been contributed to pay for this property, it is possible to seek reimbursement of the extent of the marital contributions.

Depends on the intent of the aunt. If this was a gift for his sole benefit, it would be considered separate property. If the intent was to give it to the both of you, then the property can be considered marital property.

Absent a restraining order or a court order, you nor the children can be forced out from the family home. You have established some rights to reside on the property, so he should not force you out unless there is a court order asking you to vacate.

Your local legal aid clinics should be able to help you with your divorce issues. It is also possible to retain an attorney to request that your spouse be responsible for his fees if you are financially dependent on your husband and have no source of funds of your own.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.