How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in ohio and my spouse passed away while still owing

Customer Question

I live in ohio and my spouse passed away while still owing thousands of dollars in back child support, is there any goverment agencies that I can collect the money owed to me for the child support?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
You can file a claim against his estate. If he has any tax refunds coming, you can have the court order them to be garnished. Contact the CS office. Other than that, there is nothing you can do.