lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

If I take my ex back to court on grounds of harrasment, can

If I take my ex back to court on grounds of harrasment, can I ask for him to be evaluated for post tramatic syndrom (pts) or any other mental health issues. He has a family history, 2 have been in mental hospitals and a few alcoholics (he is not alcoholic)...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
You can go back to court and get an order of protection if you can prove he has been harassing you. You can ask the court to order an evaluation but that will be up to the judge. Since the two of you are not married, you have no standing to petition the court to order him to be evaluated so I wouldn't bother.