How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I take my ex back to court on grounds of harrasment, can

Resolved Question:

If I take my ex back to court on grounds of harrasment, can I ask for him to be evaluated for post tramatic syndrom (pts) or any other mental health issues. He has a family history, 2 have been in mental hospitals and a few alcoholics (he is not alcoholic)...
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
You can go back to court and get an order of protection if you can prove he has been harassing you. You can ask the court to order an evaluation but that will be up to the judge. Since the two of you are not married, you have no standing to petition the court to order him to be evaluated so I wouldn't bother.
lwpat and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you