How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents supposedly got divorce in California in 1990, but

Customer Question

My parents supposedly got divorce in California in 1990, but I just came across a document that says:the requestfor entry of a family law default submitted by you in the above entitled action has been turned down for the checked below.      Summons has not been filed. Does this means they are still married
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
I certainly could. You need to call the court or vital records and see if the divorce was ever entered. However, they could have simply corrected the problem by filing.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is no answer.
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Sorry but there is nothing else I can tell you. I will opt out in case another expert can add more information.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I certainly could? Is that a part of your response? Do you mean that they (my parents) can now correct the problem by filing for divorce NOW.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Did you mean "they" certainly could be still married or "They" certainly could be divorced? You response is a bit confusing you know.
I simple don't understand the "I certainly could" bit at all. Where you just saying you certainly could answer my question?