How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have broke up with my childs father. Things are getting ugly

Resolved Question:

I have broke up with my childs father. Things are getting ugly where do I start and what rights do we each have for my property that is being withheld from me and our child with a drug addic father who is listed on on the birth certificate?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

If he has personal property and will not let you get it, then you need to talk to the police. Usually an officer will accompany you and stand by while you get your possessions. The problem is proving what is yours and what is his.


I assume that he is on the birth certificate. The next step is to petition the court for custody and child support.


Here is the info on CS


Here is the site for forms to petition for CS


Here is a list of womens shelters in NC. Some offer legal assistance.




lwpat and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you