How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was granted temporary full custody of my now 5 and 9 yr.

Resolved Question:

I was granted temporary full custody of my now 5 and 9 yr. old sons from their mother, my ex-spouse for substance abuse almost 2 years ago. She has supervised visitation every other weekend and every Wednesday. She did not see them for almost 6 months last summer and still does not get them on Wednesdays. My question is how will that affect her when we go back to court for a final custody hearing and should I be trying to get that changed from temporary to permanent? I was finally granted child support at the end of last year but have yet to receive anything from her. My lawyers says let sleeping dogs lie but I would like a 2nd opinion.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
I agree with your attorney. The more she owes in CS the better it will look in the custody hearing. After you get full custody you can do a rule to show cause or ask that the CS be paid through the court. You need to push your attorney to get back into court for a permanent order.
lwpat and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you