How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41031
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter had a son in November who was born addicted to

Customer Question

My daughter had a son in November who was born addicted to Heroin. He was placed in foster care soon after and she was incarcerated for Probation Violation. She has been in custody since Dec. 5, 2008 and is curently waiting for a bed at a Live In facility. Since her arrest she has had one visit with her son and when she calls to inquire about him they will not answer any of her questions wether it be about his health or any visits. Her Parental Rights have not been terminated and she is still his mother. My question is this, since her Parental Rights have not been terminated doesn't she have the right to suppervised visitation and informantion reguarding her son? If so, how do we go about enforcing these rights?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. she may well have visitation rights. She would have to write to the case worker here and request visitation in this matter. The problem or hold up may be transportation to and from the location where she is at.

But the worker shoudl be able to facilitate that and she needs to pursue this. Otherwise they may allege abandonment, etc. So please make her be persistent in this situation or they will try to use it against . She has to persistent even if that means a letter a day until they agree to allow it . You are correct in think that she has rights and needs to assert them in this situation. I wish you good luck here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Related Family Law Questions