How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42200
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if a person has been paying child support for my 2 children

Customer Question

if a person has been paying child support for my 2 children for years, now he says there are not his and do not want to pay anymore, also requesting a DNA test, if he is not the father do i owe him all of his monies he has paid
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. He has to request this through the court. The court may not allow this at all.If he has previously been named legal father then he may have waived right to challenge here. You need to have state child support file on him for contempt here. you can sing up with them for $25.

Just google your state child support here and you can sign up online. since you have a support order you may already be a client. It doesn't work the way he wants here. He may have waived any right to challenge and this may be moot issue.

If you have a support order he is in contempt here until it is changed. You can pursue your money here and in all likelihood he will still be on the hook unless the court decides otherwise.And no he doesn't get any money back as that is water under the bridge.

I wish you good luck with all of this here.

Sign up here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.