How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40993
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 17 and requires in patient treatment for anorexia

This answer was rated:

My son is 17 and requires in patient treatment for anorexia and depression. The facility that is closest to us (in MA) is a voluntary program.   His condition is severe and he's been hospitalized 3 times in the past year. A few months ago he was admitted to this program but refused to stay and walked out. I was told there was nothing I could do given that it is a voluntary program, except petition with the court to obtain a court ordered legal guardianship. How do I do that?
Thanks for your question. You can certainly do this here. You can apply pro se if you want to try this wihtout a lawyer. ther are real good court apporved forms for doing do. I am giving you a web page below with forms.

Just scroll down a a ways here past the probate to guardianship on the bottom. you are lookg for NHJB-2165-P here. Ther are also orders and other useful forms for completing the process. You file here an then the court will instruct about setting a hearing on your motion and signing the order that you need. I wish you good luck here and sympathy for this situation. I know that this must be a lot of strain on you.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions