How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41498
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

after marrying my canadian husband for one month I discovered

Resolved Question:

after marrying my canadian husband for one month I discovered that he only wants me for the green card and he has a girlfriend in canda and she is pregnant with his child i want to annal our marriage since its only been one month
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question.In you situation such as yours a person who married couple learns that their marriage is not valid or legal. In this situation, a court may grant a legal annulment . Herein this situation an annulment is a declaration by the court that a valid marriage never existed.

In Pennsylvania, your marriage in this matter may be declared void by Pennsylvania courts and an annulment granted if requested by one of the parties. In Pennsylvania, a voidable marriage exists in your situation where either party entered into the marriage as a result of fraud, duress, coercion, or force.


Your marriage is always considered a contract, and if either individual was unable to enter into the contract, the court may determine that no contract of marriage ever existed. In your case this may likely be the outcome.


You are going to need to obtain a lawyer to pursue your claim here. You will file in Pennsylvania and you may have issues since he is Canadian.But your lawyer can deal with these as you have good facts. I wish you the best and certianly sympathy for this situation



Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.




RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions