RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

but is the fact he does not live at home relevant The support

but is the fact he does not live at home relevant? The support still goes to his mother and not directly to him even tho he is over 21
Thanks for your question. It may well be relevant here. The judge decides these type matters on an individual basis.They have wide discretion here and you may be able to make a compelling argument against continuing support here. the court may end or otherwise modify support to decide the matter.

I would agree with you that the court at the least ought to make sure the money goes to the child. But hopefully they just end it here as he appears to be independent of the mother. I wish you good luck here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Please tell the gentleman who answered my question Im sorry for the long response but I use the computer at my job so Im limited to access dont have a home computer thanks
Not a problem here..good luck to you..