How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42890
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my spouse conceived a baby during our marriage and wants to

This answer was rated:

my spouse conceived a baby during our marriage and wants to terminate his rights to the child. will he still be obligated to support this child in any way?
Thanks for your question. If she gets his rights terminated then no he wouldn't have any duty to support. That is why courts are reluctant to grant termination unless the mother is in agreement here to do so and they may require you to adopt the child in order to grant.

So you may well want to think about this and see if you both are on board with the termination/step parent adoption. It is a permanent kind of thing herre in this matter and shoudl be well though out. You would need to obtain a lawyer to fiel for you and represent in this matter. I wish both of you the best..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i want to know if both parties have to agree
Yes they do. She has to file for temrination and he would sign a relinquishment or consent otherwise the court won't grant it here. They would award her support and him visitation if their is no termination..