How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to pay child support if Im on Social Security Disability

Resolved Question:

Do I have to pay child support if I'm on Social Security Disability? My ex gets 400.00 per month from my ss benefit.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.

Yes you do have to pay child support if you are receiving social security/disability. The child support payments will be based on the amount of disability you receive monthly. If it is deemed that you owe more than the minor child is receving from your disability then you will have to pay the difference, for if it is less then you will owe nothing monthly. I am assuming that your minor child is also receiving a monthly check because of your disability situation and the mother is receiving the check for the child.


Child support will be based on your income and if it is found that you owe more than 400 a month then you will have to pay the difference minus 400.00. If it is not more than 400.00 then you will pay nothing.

hocuspocusme and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
I can do a calculation for you if you tell me your salary and the approximate salary of your ex wife.

Related Family Law Questions