How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rose Zapor Your Own Question
Rose Zapor
Rose Zapor, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 81
Experience:  Ten years as a Family Lawyer, Published author.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Rose Zapor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name isXXXXX filed a tpo against my wife Dec 12, 2008

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX filed a tpo against my wife Dec 12, 2008 and she was destroying our house and my 15 year old daughter was drug down the hall when I stopped her. She has been abusive to me and I have not returned the favor(reluctantly). I didnt know what to do so I filed a tpo. Well the Judge put my wife back in the house and ordered me off the property.My mother lives down in the basement and the house was mine before my wife came along.I am 50% owner and my mother is 50% owner. She is lying her butt off and the judge Coldwell ,in Georgia, Fayette county wont even allow my lawyer to speak and me to defend myself AT ALL. She moved back in the house this previous weekend and has filed a tpo against me saying i am stalking her and scaring my kids. I am staying on my fathers property 200 yards from the house which is all family property. I am not a perfect man, and I make mistakes butt this cant be rite. There is so much more to this but not enough time or characters to explain. help
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Rose Zapor replied 8 years ago.
Dear Zero Ace:

I will be happy to help you with this problem as much as I can through this service. What you describe is not unusual. The Courts just don't get the fact that a man can be in danger from an unstable woman. Good for you in not returning the violence - it would count against you even more. When I have faced a judge like this, I have asked the court above to review the decision - like an appeal. Your lawyer should be pursuing this as she is destroying your property. Hopefully, you have already filed for a separation or divorce. That may be the only way you can protect your property and/or your daughter. The TPO will be heard soon and your attorney should have no problem in showing that this is only a revenge filing against you. At this other hearing, you may be able to get the previous order set aside based upon your showing of the damage and the unstability or your wife.
By the way, if your father and mother own the property, have they considered evicting her? They can, you know, in spite of the TPO.

Good Luck,


Please hit ACCEPT in order for me to receive payment for my time. Thank you.

Disclaimer --- There is no attorney/client privilege created by this exchange and the answer being provided is informational only and does not constitute legal advice.

Rose Zapor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.



Thank you for answering me so quickly. Well, I went before the judge (on the tpo she filed )and he wouldnt even allow me to show any evidence and told my lawyer to sit down becouse the judge new more than he did.When it was done the judge looked at my wife and asked " Is that all miss Ried". I was completly besides myself.Yell