How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My landlord, electric bill, etc., dont care about the circumstances,

Customer Question

My landlord, electric bill, etc., don't care about the circumstances, they want their money. Don't I have some access to his SS disability check. I took care of him and COULD NOT WORK while taking care of him. I need financial assistance right now. Where do I go?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
I wish to answer your question but dont know who is the person youre referring to when you ask if you should have access to "his SS diability check"?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My name was initially on the SS Disability Check because of his mental state he could not handle his finances. Since his family has become involved, it was removed plus the account that it was directly deposited into was closed, I have no income. I am referring to not being able to work because I was his caregiver and now he is charged with domestic abuse, how do I find out if I am entitled to some of his check. I need money to pay the rent, electric bill, telephone bill, etc., and he is also on the lease for the rent payment and acknowledges he is the breadwinner since the rent is due on the 3rd - which is when the rent is due.
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
You are not legally entitled to any of his check unless youre his wife or legal court appoint guardian charging a fee.

Related Family Law Questions