How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is 16 yrs old and was born in Ma. I now live in

This answer was rated:

My daughter is 16 yrs old and was born in Ma. I now live in Pa. Ten yrs ago, Ma courts order the biological father to pay $50 mth. I have occasionally received checks. I would like to know that if I choose to seek child support, how do I receive help? Do I seek support through Pa where I live now? Or through Ma where my daughter was born? Can I ask for back child support? Thank you for your time?

You will need to file for modification of support in MA. You can obtain all unpaid but court ordered support. In your petition for support you can also request that the court move jurisdiction to PA.
Ellen and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you