How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters father is moving out of state to alabama. We were

Resolved Question:

My daughters father is moving out of state to alabama. We were never married. He wants my daughter to visit him for a month. Is there anything i can do to prevent him from taking her and not returning her to me since he is her father
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
If you have a custody order from a egal perspective you are protected. If you do not have a custody order you need to file a Petiton for Custody/Visitation before your husband gets the child. Make sure the custody order is registered with the court where your husband moves to. Once registered you can ask the Alabama court to enforce the custody arrangement if there are problems. They will obtain the child for you if your husband decides not to comply. They will have the authority to imprison your husband for contempt for violating an order.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Jack R. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions