How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask famlaw lawyer Your Own Question
famlaw lawyer
famlaw lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 418
Experience:  J.D. magna cum laude, Alabama,Clerk for Supreme Court of Alabama 2004-2005, practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
famlaw lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a professional stock trader and stock broker. My wife

Customer Question

I am a professional stock trader and stock broker. My wife is also a licensed broker and had day traded stocks as well, up until 2 1/2 years before we split. She is a licensed broker/manger as well but refuses to work. The day trading involve the risk of my own money so if I lose no one shares the loss with me. I had several larged gains in 2006 and 2007 is she entitle to 40% as well as 40% of my brokerage commissions for spousal support in Pa.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  famlaw lawyer replied 8 years ago.
Are you divorced? What is your legal status? If you are divorced, did it include an order for spousal support?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am in the process of a divorce. No one wants it to end but me. She gets a large spousal support check monthly. I have a daughter I pay for longterm care age 20 for heroin addiction I get no help from anyone. I don't trust my own lawyer to end this.
Expert:  famlaw lawyer replied 8 years ago.
Your wife is not entitled to not work and be rewarded for that by forcing you to pay more. On the other hand, she is entitled to spousal support in some amount, depending on the length of the marriage (and it sounds like it was fairly long if the daughter is 20 and she is the product of your marriage). However, lets get to the real problem here which is that you do not trust your own lawyer. If you do not want to pay it, and do not believe your lawyer is working aggresively in your interests to end this process, then what you need to do is fire your lawyer and hire a new one who will agressively work to end the process and have you pay as little money as possible. Your lawyer can be fired just like anyone else and that sounds like that is the course you need to take.
famlaw lawyer and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No offense but I feel these lawyers are dragging it all out for billable hours. My question to you is what is the percentage income she is entitled to (any of my capital gains) and brokerage commission income while she is by her own admittance on her tax return a stocktrader as well as a licensed broker but doesn't do it. We were married 22 years when I left December 3, 2005.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I wasnt adding a bonus I was asking another question. What kind of scam is this??????
Expert:  famlaw lawyer replied 8 years ago.
i havent gotten a bonus, but i will answer your other queation if you give me a few minutes.