Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Mex-wife left me for her boss, 4 years ago, they hid the relationship

Customer Question
until recently. she denied the...
Mex-wife left me for her boss, 4 years ago, they hid the relationship until recently. she denied the relationship. is there a law that i could sue this man, who ditracted her from her husband of 17years and 2 daughters?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/1/2009
Family Lawyer: Jack R., Family Law Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
There used to be lawsuits for what was deemed "criminal conversations" or "alienation of affection". These have been eliminated by statute in almost all states. The best you can do now is divorce, and the impact on alimony if any that is due to you or due to her.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.
Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
We are divorced, I heard on a talk radio show, that the party breaking the family up could be sued, is this true for Washington State?
No, alienation of affection lawsuits were abolished in Washington St. through judicial decision.

I don't understand your response, could you explain better
The courts in Washington will no longer accept cases where a husband wants to sue a wife's lover. This has eliminated any possibility of you suing your wife's boss.

Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Jack R.
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney