How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42856
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a protection order against me in Georgia, i have been

Resolved Question:

i have a protection order against me in Georgia, i have been sober for a year and live in florida with my parents. I would like the order lifted so that i may bring my 7 year old son down to see me and all the family. what would it cost.?can I do it without going to Georgia
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You would need to file in Georgia for visitation and custody rights. In my mind this would be very doable and the court would agree here. It's been a year to me thats long enough. You are going to need to obtain a Georgia lawyer to restore your rights here. I wish you good luck..

Here is lawyer referral..

Atlanta Bar Association
Lawyer Referral and Information Service
400 International TowerXXXXXbr />Atlanta, Georgia NNN-NN-NNNNbr />Carla Brown(NNN) NNN-NNNN
RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you