How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am about to go through divorce again and i am wondering about

Resolved Question:

I am about to go through divorce again and i am wondering about child support. To my first wife a pay 550 month(20%) to my second how will they calculate the child support. I have 1 Child with each. Will they both get 20%each
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

According to Texas child support guideline, you will be responsible to pay 17.5% of net earnings for each child. In Texas, a father who has an obligation to support two children with different mothers will pay 17.5% of net earnings to each child. You will need to file for a modification of support for your first child.
Ellen and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you