How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Law Answers Your Own Question
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a divorce but the paper work put me as the wife and her

Customer Question

I got a divorce but the paper work put me as the wife and her as the husband will that effect my divore does it make it legal
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.


This would be considered a "scrivener's" error (aka a typo) and so long as you both had the intent to mean husband where it says wife and wife where it says husband, this mistake can be easily corrected and does not affect your divorce or make it invalid.


I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you well.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well she stiill wants to be married so could this be a way for her to make the divore invalid
Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 8 years ago.
No - even if these two words were interchanged where they weren't supposed to be (whether she admits it or not), this would not invalidate the divorce.