How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Law Answers Your Own Question
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i transfer my custodial rights to my family if somethyng

This answer was rated:

can i transfer my custodial rights to my family if somethyng is to happen to me in which i am incapable due to illness or deth?

Hi and thanks for your question.


If you are the sole legal and sole custodial parent then you can make the decision about who should take over custody/guardianship of your children if something is to happen to you; however, if there is another legal parent in this situation with custodial and parental rights, then that parent will have to agree to this decision you make to transfer your parental/custodial rights; if there is no agreement, then the dispute will have to be decided by the court.


I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you well.

Family Law Answers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you