How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41638
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a mother that is going through a custody battle. The father

This answer was rated:

I am a mother that is going through a custody battle. The father currently has "temporary" sole custody. He is trying everything to ruin my chances of having/ seeing my son. He has had me arrested 3 times. The first two were dropped because I didn't commit any crimes. I have to turn myself in on Monday for the third, a probable cause crime. I want to give up my maternal rights to my child to protect him and me from his father constantly using me for his gain. I am like a gun for him as long as I am in the picture he won't stop. He doesn't realize this but I do, it will hurt my son in the long run if his mother gets arrested constantly and eventually goes to jail for some rediculous reason. He will want to know why. Then he will (child) but very hurt, mad, and upset. What should I do and what are the consequinces? I don't care about paying support not an issue. I just want his father to STOP!
Thanks for your question. Father here would have to file for termination and you would sign a relinquishment here. This is a permanent thing so make sure that this is what you really want to do .

I am sorry for all the pain the ex here has put you through. You sure haven't been treated fairly . If you are interested in giving up rights the father here has to agree and be willing to file to get you out of his life.

I would wait and see how the criminal charges turn out here. Arrested is not convicted here. you may well be found not guilty or the charges dismissed. You may feel different then. Resolve that first and then decide what you want to do here. It will be ther after resolution nd you can see straight here.

You can benefit here from a criminal lawyer. Either they appoint you one or you hire one but I wouldn't be giving statements and dealing with the police here without one. Focus on that first and then decide on custody/relinquishment here. Take it one problem at a time. I wish you good luck and please keep your chin up here..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you