How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, My question involves relocating with my six year old

Resolved Question:

Hello, My question involves relocating with my six year old daughter. I live in Arizona and recentley recieved sole custody. Her mother is a recovering drug addict with every other weekend visits and some holidays. I am enlisting in the army as a wheeled mechanic, automotive repair has been my job for 10 years now and I am able to enter as a specialist. My wife,my daughters step mom will be there to take care of her through all of this. My question is the state of Arizona what are the laws pertaining to relocating and in your professional opinion how do you think I stand.Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
Relocation may be difficult because just because a parent has sole custody does not mean you can relocate. You will need either permission of the mother or permission from the court before you leave. Courts generally grant relocation requests when the other parent is not involved in the child's life at all. If the court granted alternating weekends and holidays then you will have to be able to show how your relocation will not affect a regular and meaningful bond with the daughter and mother.
Daniel Solutions and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you