How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have full custody of my daughter because her father had been

Resolved Question:

I have full custody of my daughter because her father had been found guilty and served 5 years in jail for having indecent liberties and attempted rape charge against the daughter. Is she still entitled to child support? even though he can't see her until court deemed fit? Back child support while he was incarcerated? I want make sure I can apply for assistance since he makes @1,000.00 weekly.How much will she be entitled too? We live in Suffolk VA.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
You can apply for assistance which will probably trigger enforcement of the child support obligation. The fact your spouse was in prsison did not relieve him of the child support obligation. The fact your ex committed a crime against the child and is denied visitation will not terminate teh child support obligation, if anythig a court could decide to increase it. Your approximate child support due is about $500.00/mo. As far as assistance fromr the state that is something they will need to help you with.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Jack R. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you