Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
7 1/2 years ago, my ex and I divorced in state, after a 30
Phillips Esq., Attorney
7 1/2 years ago, my ex and I divorced in Washington state, after a 30 yr marriage. We used a mediator to settle all aspects of the dissolution. We tried very hard to keep everything amicable. I knew t… read more
Divorced in Walton Cty. Georgia 4 years ago this month. Uncontested
Ely, Counselor at Law
Divorced in Walton Cty. Georgia 4 years ago this month. Uncontested with wife writting the entire contents. I agreed to all and signed. I have mental illness and just now am well enough to see what ha… read more
17 years ago I was awarded as a divorce settlement 1/2 of my
P. Simmons, Lawyer
17 years ago I was awarded as a divorce settlement 1/2 of my ex"s retirement plan with a major oil co. We have not settled yet. My ex is due to receive his retirement soon. How do I go about getting m… read more
I divorced 2 years in NJ after an 18 year marriage. We
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
I ******** * ***** ** ** ***** ** ** **** ********. We equitably distributed our assets and agreed on an MSA. I have been unemployed for 8 months and used all the money in my checking account to pay b… read more
I was divorced 2 1/2 years ago. In the divorce settlement (which
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
I was divorced 2 1/2 years ago. In the divorce settlement (which my ex wife and I agreed to, there was no disagreement) she was awarded a 401K account that I have. I have never actually transfered it … read more
I was divorced 4/1/2 years ago. My alimony is due to expire.
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney and Counselor at Law
I was divorced 4/1/2 years ago. My alimony is due to expire. My marriage was for 20 years. We had 2 children together. He also adopted my 2 yr. old son. I shared financial responsibility for an additi… read more
As part of the marriage settlement, I will transfer 1/2 of
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
As part of the marriage settlement, I will transfer 1/2 of my IRA to my spouse. I have read that I should put something in the settlement agreement that states it is tax-free. I found the following wo… read more
left my 1 1/2 year marriage 3 years ago. moved to Indiana.
Ely, Counselor at Law
left my 1 1/2 year marriage 3 years ago. moved to Indiana. How do I know if he filed already? Do I need to file in Illinois (where we resided)? we were actually married in Las Vegas.… read more
i was married to my husband 25 years. we divorced 3 yrs ago
Roger, Litigation Attorney
i was married to my husband 25 years. we divorced 3 yrs ago and he passed 2 yrs ago. we agreed in our divorce settlement that i would receive 1/2 of the business which he valued about 1 million, but p… read more
I became divorced 3 years ago. As part of the divorce settlement,
Ely, Counselor at Law
I became divorced 3 years ago. As part of the divorce settlement, agreed upon in court, I was entitled to only 3 years of alimony, and medical insurance coverage for 3 years, from my ex husband's empl… read more
I was divorced 3 1/2 years ago after 33 years of marriage in
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones, Juris Doctorate
I was divorced 3 1/2 years ago after 33 years of marriage in Florida. I was manipulated by my ex-husband to use the same lawyer. He used half of his 401k To buy me out of the house we built. He had me… read more
I am a divorced (1 yr ago) father of 3 children. The children
Ely, Counselor at Law
I am a divorced (1 yr ago) father of 3 children. The children stay with me 10/14 nights as per MSA which was mutually worked out a year before the divorce was finalized. I provide all child support an… read more
In my divorce settlement which took place 30 years ago, as
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
In my divorce settlement which took place 30 years ago, as defendant I was ordered to pay $200 per month in spousal support until such time as the plaintiff either remarried or co-habituated. Because … read more
My daughter is considering a divorce after 1 yr of marriage
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Attorney
My daughter is considering a divorce after 1 yr of marriage and 4 yrs of co-habitation. When they married she had no credit card debt but he has had multiple cards for many many years. They have alway… read more
I was divorced 3 years ago after 34 years of marriage. I was
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I was divorced 3 years ago after 34 years of marriage. I was required to give my ex-spouse 1/2 of my pension according to Michigan state law. At the time (she did not disclose ) her brother also had a… read more
In a California divorce, marriage of 20 years, 4 years ago
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
In a California divorce, marriage of 20 years, 4 years ago his last parent passed away. He & his siblings divided up any furniture & other belongings of the parents they wanted. Some of it he requeste… read more
Divorce settlement states husband will pay lump sum alimony
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Divorce settlement states husband will pay lump sum alimony in investment assets instead of 20k/yr for 4 yrs. Wife agreed, but husband says his total alimony payment of 80k is much lower when paid in … read more
I live in Harris County, TX (Houston). I was divorced 1 1/2
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I live in Harris County, TX (Houston). I was divorced 1 1/2 yrs. ago in Harris Co. The divorce decree states that my ex is to pay $809/mo. for child support + 50% of out-of-pocket medical expenses for… read more