How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40989
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was divorced, from a 30 year marriage, in Bergen Cty, NJ, 3

Resolved Question:

Was divorced, from a 30 year marriage, in Bergen Cty, NJ, 3 1/2 yrs ago. The settlement stated that I was to receive 1/4 of promissory note payments that were to be received by my ex's business. These notes were to be my only source of income. My ex had his partner "in crime" refinance the mortgage and created another entity which left me and my son out in the cold. There is a warrant out for my ex's arrest but he moved to FL and now seems to be untouchable. I had tried to garnish one of his other payments through another one of his companies but the family court judge said that I wasn't entitled (?). Though the judge ruled that my ex owed me in excess of $300,000.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This guy is a pro here. You will have to keep chasing him here and hope you get lucky like you did with the cars. I would hope that either New Jersey decides to extradite here or that he gets pulled over and they honor the warrant.

I think that your best chance here is to try and persistently bother the Florida law enforcement to pick him up on the warrant. Maybe you take a trip down ther and see if you can accomplish this in person.

There is an active warrant. They ought to pick him up long enough to see if New Jersey here won't spend the money to transport him back.

Only by incarcerating him can I see that you will be successful in forcing him to pay up or at least partially here. Your other alternative is if the lawyer in Florida here can locate some more assets.

Stay after him here its the principal here as much as the money. I do wish you good luck in this matter and certainly admiration for staying the course here..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your support. I should add that my ex is a tax attorney. Layering is the name of his game.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Never give up. I wish you well here.Sometimes they are the ones that think they are too smart but their not. wow a lawyer in jail,boy they wouldn't treat him well if he gets picked up. Forget the money that would be worth it just to see it..
RayAnswers and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions