How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is on child support. What can be done if the payee

This answer was rated:

My question is on child support. What can be done if the payee will not pay on time ? Court order states the first day of the month, but support not received until five sometimes ten days latter. Notification has been sent as a reminder that support due on the first. If any action can be taken, do you have to file in the county the order was writen if recipient no longer lives in that county ?
There is little you can do other than to take legal action. You can file a motion for contempt (motion to show cause in some places). If you ex is employed you can ask that his child support be deducted directly from his wages by his employer and paid to the state who would in turn pay you.

A judge would admonish your ex to pay on time. A second infraction could land your ex a fine, or jail time. You need to file in the county where the order was written., This court has continuing jurisdcition over the matter.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Jack R. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you