How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband is a very manipulative person who continues to

Customer Question

My ex-husband is a very manipulative person who continues to get away with not abiding by court orders put into place from our divorce. His attorney is not honest just as he is not and the result is both our attorneys banter letters back and forth, and to the judge, on issues the judge has already made a decision on. His attorney continues to make false statements and exaggerations that causes me and my attorney to continue to show proof they are lies. All this manipulation continues and I have spent a fortune in attorney's fees with little result. As long as this is allowed to continue, its giving my ex-husband power and control to keep this up. He is very revengeful and will stop at nothing to get back at me. Why is this conduct allowed by the court and is there a way to put a stop to it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.


I believe your question came to me for a good reason, as I went through 10 years of litigation with my vindictive ex-husband, who would also stop at nothing (and was also an attorney).


The right to have our grievances heard in a court of law is a highly protectly constitutional right. Unfortunately, the courts are not well equipped to handle situations where people abuse this right.


If he continues to violate court order, a motion to show cause should be filed against him. This is the first step in having him held in contempt of court and possibly jailed if he continues to violate orders. Of course, you will need proof that he has violated court oders. It sounds as though he is toying with you and using the legal system to abuse you.


At some point, the court should realize that your ex's allegations are unfounded and if you can obtain an order of contempt against him, this would go a long way in stopping the insanity.


You may use his misuse of the system to sue him for abuse of process. However, if your object is to just be through with this and get on with your life, you probably wouldn't want to file claims against him.


Please let me know whether there is something more I can do to help.


All the best to you!

Tina and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your information.
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.

You are very welcome. All the best to you and your family!


Perhaps you will want to change attorneys if the one you have is not vigorously representing your interests. provides a large database of attorneys by area of practice and location. An order to show cause is a relatively simple procedure, so it should not be extremely costly for you.