How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttySince1978 Your Own Question
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 931
Experience:  Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttySince1978 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I respond to show cause order

Resolved Question:

How do I respond to show cause order?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
You must file a response to the order to show cause along with the copy of a proof of service. The proof of service is a declaration that you mailed a copy of the response to the other spouse's attorney or to the spouse directly if she has no attorney.

You should go to the county clerk's office where the OSC was filed and ask the clerk for a blank copy of the responsive papers to the OSC.

You must fill out the responsive papers and respond to each and every order that they are seeking. If the spouse is requesting custody, you must indicate whether you will grant him/her custody or you want custody. If they request possession of a home than you must respond to that issue. If the spouse seeks alimony than you should deny alimony if that is your answer, etc. You than must be sure to date it and sign it.

You file the original with the Court, serve a copy on the other spouse, and keep a copy for your records.

I trust that you will find my answer helpful, therefore kindly click ACCEPT after you have read my answer. We, experts, do not get paid until you accept the answer.
A small bonus is allowable and would be greatly appreciated.
AttySince1978 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you