How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41600
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I find out how much back child support I owe

Resolved Question:

How do I find out how much back child support I owe?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You should check with wherever you make the payments through. Either the county or stat child support here. Wherever the payments go they will have a total of what you are in arrears and what you owe.

They can give you both figures here and mail you a print out here. If you feel they are inaccurate after you review it here you can dispute it with them. You can also motion the court to modify the arrears if you feel it is inaccurate once you have seen what thy are claiming.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I haven't sent payment ever they just took it out of my check. Now they don't do that. I only do not recieve my tax refund. Would it still be in the office where it was original order was signed?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Yes and they should have a balance here including any withholding and tax intercepts. they should be able to give you a hard amount. If you have large arrears here and can't pay it all back consider making some small regular monthly payments. If they file contempt on you here it shows good faith and would keep you from jail in such a situation...
RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions