How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42851
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I AM DIVORCED in PA. MY SON(6) DIAGNOSED WITH autism 1.5 years

This answer was rated:

I AM DIVORCED in PA. MY SON(6) DIAGNOSED WITH autism 1.5 years ago I applied and got SSI for my son. My ex found out about it now wants to have access to all my records and desision making does he have the right to do this? I have primary physical custody with shared legal. He wants to decide how I spend the money or better yet take the money.
Thanks for your question. The court would decide here what if anything he is entitled to. You may well have good grounds to argue against producing this information. the ex here has to show it is relevant here and somehow needed in the proceeding.

The judge will hear your arguments and make a decision in the matter. I think that you will be fine here as you seem to be doing a good job of raising child and the court will see this. I can't see them allowing this.

Make sure you respond to his motion in writing here advising the court that you are opposed and set forth your reasons. You need to file this here to put it into dispute and avoid any default in the matter. I wish you good luck and sympathy for the situation..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you