How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my husband file for a divorce if he is in Saudi Arabia

Resolved Question:

Can my husband file for a divorce if he is in Saudi Arabia but we were married in the USA?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting our JA team.


The short answer is yes, he may file for divorce while abroad. I am assuming he is represented by counsel. If so, it is important that you retain counsel as well to represent your interests. A good place to begin looking for an attorney in your area is Look for an experienced divorce attorney.


I am truly sorry that you are going through this, especially during the holidays. Lets hope the new year brings better things your way!


Note: If I have answered your question, please press "accept" so I will be paid for my time. I am available if you require further guidance. Thank you.

Tina and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you