How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex has a maintenace order which says I have to pay her 1040

This answer was rated:

My ex has a maintenace order which says I have to pay her £1040 per month. I have been giving her £1360 per month in cash. I can no longer afford to give her the extra and now need to revert back to the original court order of £1040. She is telling me that because I have been giving her additional funds for so long that I have set a president and need to continue with it. Is that true after all it was cash so there is no evidence.
Your ex is incorrect. The extra was just a gift. Youre only obligated to pay the court ordered amount. It wasnt good to pay cash because you may have a proof problem but you have not created a president by making an additional gift amount.
Daniel Solutions and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions