How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34513
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was awarded childsupport in 1979, he paid for about a year

Customer Question

I was awarded childsupport in 1979, he paid for about a year then stopped and worked under the table. I have all the documents but what are my chances of recovering this after all these years as he is employed and paying taxes now. Isn't it the law that all child support has to be paid no matter how long in the state of Kansas. How do I go about filing this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
You should start here

For some basic info on child support enforcement in KS

If he was under order to pay a certain amount each month, and has not paid, you can seek help from the state to enforce this amount. If he was ordered to pay a percentage of his pay and you can demonstrate that he did not report all of his income, you can also petition to require back support for this amount as well

The state will assist you to get the money back

You can start here

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.    
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you so much for the info. did you get your $? I need to know, I'm thinking you didn't and I do pay my bills.