How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to divorce my husband, but in the state of Virginia,

Customer Question

I am trying to divorce my husband, but in the state of Virginia, I have to wait a year to obtain an uncontested divorce. Is there any way I can get this sooner, due to the fact that my husband is in hiding because he is wanted, he hasn't lived in the home in the past 3 months, and he has sent me two threatening text messages in the last month?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
If youre seeking an uncontested consentual divorce then you must wait for at least one year. If youre seeking divorce with grounds then you may want to consider these possible grounds based upon what you have shared:
SEPARATE AND APART FOR SIX MONTHS: This ground can only be used if there are no children of the marriage under 18 and the parties have entered into a written property settlement agreement.