How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42241
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced for four years. I was married one time to the

Customer Question

I am divorced for four years. I was married one time to the same woman for a period of 31 years. This last summer my youngest daughter and I have discovered through DNA tests   that she is not my daughter. My ex wife had an affair and child during our marriage which wasn't mine. My ex has    destroyed my faith in relationships. My life and that of my immediate family has   been completely torn apart by this. I consider this crime worse than rape. Someone which is raped has a family to     support them. Her inconsideration has destroyed me and     my family. What recourse do I have. I emotionally and        financially did everything I was ever supposed to as a father and husband. Can I sue her and the biological father   for paternity. can I set a pattern to protect others in this      situation from a similiar fate. I would like to set a presedent. s a man do I have civil rights.                                Emotionally dejected in Florida
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Sympathy for the situation. You cannot undo the past here as far as child support. But this might well favor you here in dealing with spousal support issues here since you are the inocent spouse .

Again I am sorry for the grief involved but you have to move on. Ther really is no recourse here against the ex or the bio father iin your situation. I wish I could tell you otherwise.
But her deception may yet cost her in spousal support. I wish you good luck here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.