How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Law Answers Your Own Question
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has had multiple affairs and she is going out of town

Customer Question

My wife has had multiple affairs and she is going out of town this weekend for another one. I have copies of emails back and forth with her lover. I know this is not the basis for divorce but I have deceided to file. I want her out of the house. Can I change the locks this weekend and pack up all her stuff and not let her in when she gets back. She is also a recovering alcohol and drug addict. She is only 30 days sober and the lover she is meeting is from rehab. What can I get away with. I want the kids and house. She does not work right now. Please let me know proper way to handel this without getting into trouble. I live in ohio.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.


You cannot change the locks and refuse to allow her access to the house without a court order. In order to have her immediately barred from the house, you would need to request that the court issue a civil protection order, and the court will only issue this if you can show that your spouse is abusive and a protection order is necessary to protect you and your children from that abuse.


I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you well.

Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi again. I also intended to provide you with the following information:


There are various forms available on-line re: divorce in Ohio, depending upon what county you are in in Ohio. Here is the site where you can search for your county to determine whether they are available on-line. If not, you shiould be able to contact your local court of common pleas to obtain the forms you will need.