How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has an injunction aganst me in Florida. It states there

Resolved Question:

My wife has an injunction aganst me in Florida. It states there is to be no contact between us and I have to complete a BI program, and it's in place for 6 months. Visitaion is to be arranged through her sister. We would like to open up contact between us. What are the potential consequences if she alters the injunction, could she go to to jail. She excepted money from the state attorney for relocation but she hasn't cashed the check yet.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
She won't have any consquences, but you will if you go against the terms of the injunction without court modification. First, only the person who initiated the court injunction can request modification and must present good cause for requesting it, such as no longer having the concern for which the injunction was placed in the first place. Further, you must have completed your program as well. Any violation can result in your immediate incarceration since the injunction is against you. It won't look good on mom but since she is not the restrained individual, she won't get into legal trouble. The court would have to approve any modifications and if the State Attorney is the one who placed the injunction, they are the only ones who can request the modification.

So no parties should engage in any conversation unless the injunction is modified and approved by the court.


Please Note: My question is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you