Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daughter has been recently divorced, she is an Alchoholic

but has joint custody of...
My daughter has been recently divorced, she is an Alchoholic but has joint custody of the children at this point. I fear that won't last long. That said, I want to be proactive and petition for regular visitation with my three grandsons who I have had a very stable relationship with. I live in Arizona, they live in Idaho. What do you recommend? Kay in Arizona
1/1/2009
You can file for grandparent's visitation rights in Idaho, if that is the court that issued the divorce/custody order. The Idaho law provides for visitation to grandparents if it is in the best interests of the children. You would need an attorney in Idaho to file this.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer