RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Im in the middle of a divorce..I will get half of our properties.The

Customer Question

I'm in the middle of a divorce..I will get half of our properties.The half that I am getting are income producing..the ones that my husband is getting is not..Is it right that I have to use the income from the properties as my salary in the dissomaster evaluation. So that my child support and spousal support is based on that figure...Debra
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If you are producing income from properties to be awarded you then likely they count it as income. this is the court's call herre though as this could vary. so ther may well be negotiation here between the parties and the court to determine what figure goes into the dissomaster here.

But income means anything from pretty much any source here so they will count at least a portion of it no doubt. however if the amount changes with time or the economy you can certainly motion for modification and the court will consider changing it here.

This is never supposed to be a forever thing. the court allows for change because people's lives and income change. In our economy right now change is everywhere because of layoffs, reductions, etc.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for that answer..I need to ask another... I I will get spousal support for the amount of income that he gets in this bad market .

What should I do..It is very low I really only want it until the kids are 19 but it's very small amount, and I have 2 kids to worry about.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for that answer..I need to ask another... I I will get spousal support for the amount of income that he gets in this bad market .He says that the income is because of this bad market but then wants to put in the contract that the spousal support is not modifiable what so ever never.

To me that really might be a deal breaker. If you are getting a small amoutn I agree with you it is critical not to put in. The court would not put this in their order here in my mind becasue they realize that circumstances can change here. I wouldn't go for that here becasue it can prevent you from raising. You are waiving a right without getting anything..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What does child support cover for the children? In the state of California?
It is supposed to cover the basics food. clothing, and shelter. Their actual living costs. It does not include insurance, co pays or non covered medical costs, day care, etc. These would be above and beyond here and would be split by both of the parties and his share would be tacked on here as well to support figure.