How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42825
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I have the child support payments that are to come to me

Customer Question

Can I have the child support payments that are to come to me deducted from my ex's pay? I live in Florida.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. It is possible for employers to withhold and pay the child support electronically. I do not think that the law requires he be in arrears. It may well be a time lag until you get the first payment from the employer but then it should be regular.

Here is information here. If you have questions you can call or e-mail about your case and ask that it be done here. I wish you good luck and a happy new year!!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Dear Ray Answers,


I know it's the holiday, and I wish you a happy new year, and your answer can wait until after the holiday.


I am not interested in having the child support to be jusdt electronically withdrawn from my ex's account. He has a history of frequently being overdrawn.


In Florida, where I live and I believe you are from, the State (and I believe it is the Dept of Children and Families) can have child support payments sent to the dept. to be handled or electronically withdrawn. When a payment is late, the State then handles it.


I just want the games to stop. I just want having to "handle it" to stop. Therefore, I am interested in this Florida program.


My question is, can I hire you or another attorney to set this up, can I just call the Clerk of the Court or DCF to set this up or do I have to let him be 30 days behind (in part or full payments) before I can set up this payroll deduction by DCF. I would be willing to pay more than $15 for a correct answer and additional help. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX new year.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Sorry I missed you last evening, Here is follow up information and guidelines. The DCF here should and can set this up here...

The Florida agency charged with enforcing Child Support Orders and laws is:

Office of Child Support Enforcement

Department of Revenue

P.O. Box 8030

Tallahassee, FLNNN-NN-NNNNbr /> (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />

Florida has the following provisions for child support deductions:

  • When to start Withholding? 1st pay period after 14 days from service

  • When to send Payment? Within 2 business days of Payday.

  • When to send Termination Notice? "Promptly"

  • Maximum Administrative Fee? $5 for 1st payment then $2 each

  • Withholding Limits? Federal Rules under CCPA.

I hope this information gives you what you need. You can contact them here through the web site or give them a call. Good luck here..

Here's reference to your specific question..