How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I sign over my parental rights in Alabama

Resolved Question:

How do I sign over my parental rights in Alabama?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
You can only turn over custody of the child to the County if the child is out of control and the parent can not supervise the child. If this is the case you need to go to court and request a petition to transfer custody. The judge may require that you attempt preventative services first if you haven't already tried such services.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am the noncustodial parent and wish to sign over my rights. What steps must I take to do this?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
If you're the noncustodial parent then unforuntely there is nothing you can do. No court will allow you to terminate parental rights unless there is a new parent ready to adopt the child such as a stepparent. Since you're not the custodial parent then you can not ask the county to take the child either because that right belongs to the custodial parent. The primary reason why no court will allow you to do this is because the court will not terminate your child support obligation. Sorry.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you