How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do you put yourself on child support

Customer Question

how do you put yourself on child support
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

Dear suk rider - You cannot simply "put yourself" on child support. Assuming you are a residential parent of a child and have legal custody then you would have to make a motion to the court for a determination of child support from the other parent. If you are asking how to start paying support then you can file a motion with the court to determine custody, support and any other issue involving the child.


I really cannot comment further on this limited fact situation.


David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law