How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask InformationForYou Your Own Question
InformationForYou, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1956
Experience:  18 years as a family law attorney, adjunct law professor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
InformationForYou is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Soon to 16 years of age in March 2009. Troubled teen asking

This answer was rated:

Soon to 16 years of age in March 2009. Troubled teen asking to move out of her current situation into a different housing location. Confrontation between child, mother and mothers boy friend are becoming more and more aggresive. Few days ago it resulted in aggresive physical contact and is now awaiting child services.
Are you the teen or parent?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am friends with the father who is incarserated awating release in two weeks. But the situation required I also bring in her Aunt Zina (fathers sister) where the teen is currently staying untill meeting with social services.
<p>I needed to check because we can't help minors directly on this site. I would see if the father can sign a release to allow you to talk to the child's pediatrician or other primary care physician. Explain the situation to him/her and see what his/her recommendations are. This way now if he/she recommends services (counseling or something else), you have the doctor's recommendation behind you/the dad. Also, there are certain things that are sometimes available through the court system (some jurisdictions refer to it as a CHINS petition - a CHild In Need of Services).</p><p> </p><p>Good luck to you/your friend and his son.</p><p> </p><p>Please hit accept to give me credit for responding.</p>
InformationForYou and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you