Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am a conservator for my daughter and need to fill out an

Customer Question
application for court fees and...
I am a conservator for my daughter and need to fill out an application for court fees and I'm not sure where my name should go as well as hers. I am not using an attorney. Can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2008
Family Lawyer: Lady Themis, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer

What state is this?

Can you provide some information about the form or perhaps copy and paste it here so that we can assist you further?

The form I need to fill out is FW-001. Does my name need to appear where it saids: attorney or person without attorney? My daughter is the conservatee and I am using her ssi benefits to show proof that she qualifies for the waiving of court fees.

I am assuming this is California...

You would put her information in the attorney/person without an attorney box. At the bottom, type or print: Your name, Conservator of Your daughter's name, then sign your name. It would be a good idea to attach a copy of the order granting you as your daughter's conservator to the application.

It is California, thank you. but does her name need to appear in the plaintiff/petitioner box as well?
Yes, that will be her name as well as long as she is the plaintiff/petitioner in the case for which you are filing this application. If she is the defendant/respondent in the case, you would put the plaintiff's name in that box.
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Lady Themis
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer