How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyKaren Your Own Question
AttorneyKaren, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  Over 14 years as a Family Law Attorney; Temporary Judge Award (2008)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyKaren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter has been living with me for 5 years and Im still

Customer Question

my daughter has been living with me for 5 years and I'm still forced to pay child support unless my ex closes her welfare case and then the child support case. she refuses what can i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyKaren replied 8 years ago.
You need to file your own motion with the court to have child support modified immediately--then you will be able to have the court address the change of circumstances--your daughter is living with you. I would also call a local attorney to see if there is case law that allows you to get credit for the time that your daughter has been living with you--it would be worth your time if there exists any case law on this topic.
Hope this helps you out--